Who will use my data?
The Mend-A-Hose Jungle
We will store and process your data in order to allow us to provide our products and services to you. We may also send you offer details that we think you will be interested in. This may include a range of our related products and services. We may also use your data to process financial products and services. We will only process your data in relation to financial service with your explicit consent.
What will happen if I contact you?
If you contact us we will use your information send you the information you have requested and updates, offers and other information that we think you will be interested in.
What data will be stored?
We will store your personal details, including name, address, email address and contact details to provide our services to you. We will store details of purchase enquiries, purchases, and related financial information as required.
What data will be shared?
We will not share your data with any third parties other than as described here. We will share your information with any regulator or legal body that requests it.
Your data will be stored only for 3 years after which time your data will be deleted. Financial data will be held for 6 years before being deleted.
Who can access my data?
We will never sell, share or otherwise distribute your data to any other third party.
How is my data kept secure?
We will store your data on secure UK based servers which will be processed in the UK. We use industry standard security protocols/technology to secure data.
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us and to send you information about products and services you may be interested in. We will never sell, share or use your personal information other than as described here.
This policy sets out how we will use and share the information that you give us. This policy describes your relationship with Castleford RLFC
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) describes how organisations must collect, handle, process and store personal information.
These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials.
To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully. GDPR is underpinned by eight important principals. These say that personal data must:
- 1. Be processed fairly and lawfully
- 2. Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes
- 3. Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- 4. Be accurate and kept up to date
- 5. Not be held for any longer than is necessary
- 6. Processed in accordance with the rights of the data subjects
- 7. Be protected in appropriate ways
- 8. Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection.
We take these responsibilities seriously, this document describes our approach to data protection.
This policy helps to protect us from data security risks, including:
- Breaches of confidentiality. For instance, information being given out inappropriately.
- Failing to offer choice. For instance, all individuals should be free to choose how the company uses data relating to them.
- Reputational damage. For instance, the company could suffer if hackers successfully gained access to sensitive data.
Who We Are and How To Contact Us
Castleford Tigers is a trading name of Castleford RLFC that is registered in Castleford and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the Data Protection Act 1998. The data controller is: Richard Pell. You can contact us in any of the following ways:
Phone: 01977 529276
Post: Richard Pell, General Manager,
Castleford Tigers,The Mend-A-Hose Jungle,
Daily Draw Policy
RULES FOR THE TIGERS DAILY DRAW
- 1. An entry in the competition is valid only if the subscription has been paid for the appropriate week's draw. The entry must be correctly marked as "paid" for the appropriate week's draw in the Societies records at the Clubs offices at the time of the draw.
- 2. It is the responsibility of members to ensure that the correct name and address has been recorded against their membership and reference numbers and that their agent has recorded their entry as "paid" for the appropriate weeks draw.
- 3. An entry not correctly marked, or left unmarked, will count as unsold and cannot win a prize.
- 4. Each member will be issued with a Prefix letter and Ten separate four digit numbers. To win a major prize, the members Prefix letter and number must match exactly the winning number drawn (digits must be in the same order), while consolation prizes may be won by members with the same number but a different Prefix letter as the major prizes drawn that week.
- 5. All members must be registered by Name and Address; Nom-de-plumes will not be accepted.
- 6. All Prefixes and numbers are issued by the Promoter, on behalf of the Society any alteration of Prefixes or numbers shown on membership cards will be considered void.
- 7. All prizes will be paid direct to winners unless alternative arrangements have been made. No claims are required - winners will be paid automatically. A result sheet showing winning entries will be published each week and winning numbers can also be found at www.castlefordtigers.com or in the Tigers Den, 7 Carlton St, Castleford WF10 1AD. No responsibility can be accepted for any error, misprint or omission and the Official winners list will be available for inspection at the Societies offices at The Mend A Hose Jungle, Wheldon Road, Castleford, WF10 2SD
- 8. The draw will be made each week at a time and place arranged by the Society. This will be the date of the lottery (as defined in the Gambling Act 2005) and details of the winners will be announced on a basis determined by the Promoter during the week following the draw. All members may, if they wish, attend the draw and may be invited to participate in the draw.
- 9. If, when the draw is made, an entry determined by a particular Prefix letter and number is found to be unsold, then another Prefix letter will be drawn until the prize is won.
- 10. Additional prizes and consolation prizes may be paid from time to time at the discretion of the Society.
- 11. Agents are considered to be acting on behalf of members. No responsibility can be accepted for any loss caused by the default, neglect or error of any Agent.
- 12. The competition is open to any person of 16 years of age or over.
- 13. The decision of the Promoter will be final and binding in respect of any dispute or difference arising out of the activities of the lottery.
- 14. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any person entry to the draw for any reason whatsoever.