The Five Towns Park Plan
Lateral Property Group would like to deliver a new sports, leisure, country park and retail development for the Five Towns community. This will be on a site directly to the north east of Junction 32 of the M62 at Glasshoughton. The development will include:
- A new 10,000 capacity community stadium for Castleford Tigers paid for by the retail development.
- A country park with new wetlands and woodlands to be owned and run by the Land Trust.
- A food store and petrol filling station. Further retail units suitable for major national retailers and smaller catering units.
- 1,800 retail parking spaces plus 666 dedicated parking spaces for the new stadium.
- Substantial highways improvements that will create a new entrance to Castleford.
- Major economic benefits from a £135 million total investment which will create around 2,000 new jobs at the site.
The proposals provide the opportunity to significantly improve transport links in, around and through the area forging connections to and from Castleford town centre and to the south towards Pontefract, connecting into the Prince of Wales former colliery site and Pontefract Park and Racecourse.
Local planning permisson was granted on the 19th February 2015. Full planning permission was confirmed on Monday 28th September 2015. Click here for details.
Latest update Friday 16th February 2018:
Tigers Fans! Please see below an announcement from Lateral Property Group regarding the proposed new stadium and accompanying retail development.
We would like to thank everyone for their support for Five Towns Park. The Five Towns Park development is now known as Axiom but the development fundamentals are still the same including the new Community Stadium for Castleford Tigers. The Axiom website is now live with full project information including our retail marketing video which you should find of interest www.axiomyorkshire.co.uk.
You will see coverage of Axiom in local, regional and national media over the coming days and weeks with further announcements to follow. Please now follow axiomyorkshire2021 on Facebook and @axiomyorkshire on Instagram for further updates as we will be removing the Five Towns Park sites on Monday 19 February.
Many thanks again for your support to date and keep believing. We are making significant progress.