Elite Pro Sports Store
Ticket Office Details
The Mend-A-Hose Jungle
Reception Telephone: 01977 529 264
Monday to Friday - 9.30am - 4pm
Or visit our online ticket service https://tigers.mysportstickets.co.uk/
Monday to Saturday - 10am–5.30pm
Sunday - 10am - 4pm
Or visit our online store castlefordtigers.com/shop
Telephone: 01977 284760
You'll find the Elite Pro Sports Store on the downstairs mall in Xscape, just past Starbucks.
Board of Directors
Chairman - Ian Fulton
Club President - Brian Ashworth
Company Secretary - Rob Clarkson
Board Member - Steve Vause
Board Member - Dion Lowe
Board Member - John Duff
Board Member - Mark Grattan
Managing Director - Mark Grattan
General Manager - Richard Pell
Accounts Assistant - Dawn Smeaton
Media & Marketing Manager - Tom Maguire
Marketing and Digital Executive - Sam Mills
Ticketing Manager - Mark Gill
Head of Commercial Operations - Chris Powell
Head of Commercial Partnerships - Craig Jeffels
Business Development Manager - Michael Kilby-Scott
Head Groundsman - Stuart Vause
Project Manager - Mark Langshaw
Club Photographer - Melanie Allatt
Head Coach - Lee Radford
Assistant Coach - Andy Last
Head of Rugby & Development - Danny Wilson
Head of Strength & Conditioning - Adam Whitney
Head of Analysis - Danny Blundell
Head Physiotherapist - Matt Crowther
First Team Physiotherapist - Amy Wesson
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach - Martin Clawson
Sports Scientist - Jordan Fentiman
Club Doctor - Nick Raynor
Head of Youth Development - Rob Nickolay
Education & Pathway Manager - Matty Faulkner
Academy/Reserves Coaches - Chris Spurr, Tom Schofield
Head of Academy/Reserves Strength & Conditioning - Jordan Fentiman
Academy/Reserves Strength & Conditioning Coaches - Cal Towle
Academy/Reserves Mental Skills Coaches - Tansy Tomlinson, Hannah Gildam-Clarke, Katherine Skelton
Academy/Reserves Diet & Nutrition - Leeds Beckett University
Academy/Reserves Physio - Jack Legard
Academy/Reserves Analysis - Harry Howarth
Academy/Reserves Team Manager - Mal West
Scholarship Coaches - Rob Nickolay, Richard Garbett, Chris Cartwright, Danny Lazenby
Scholarship Strength & Conditioning Coach - Alix Boyes
Scholarship Physio - Daniel Walton
Scholarship Mental Skills - Ben Hughes
Scholarship Diet & Nutrition - Leeds Beckett University
Scholarship Team Manager - Brian Stanley
Head of Talent ID & Recruitment - Steve Copley
Youth & Junior Welfare - Keith Lambeth, Ash Gibson, Ian Gayles
Strength and Conditioning Partners - Leeds Trinity University
Diet and Nutrition Education Partners - Leeds Beckett University
Mental Skills Education Providers - Leeds Beckett University
Tigers Foundation Community Team
Community Director - Simon Fox
Head of Operations - Mat Lancaster
Head of Accounts - Elle Hughes
Education & Pathway Manager - Rob Nickolay
Marketing and Digital Executive - Sam Mills
Community Dance Development Officer - Michaela Anderson
Community Development Officer - Laura Carlin
Dance Development Support Officer - Helen Wright
Where it began...
Castleford Tigers joined the sport of Rugby League in 1926 having previously been a successful junior club and since 1927 has always played home games at the current stadium on Wheldon Road which has been known as The Mend-A-Hose Jungle since 2014.
The Tigers have grown into one of the most famous Rugby League Clubs in the United Kingdom and has consistently produced players who have achieved worldwide status in the game of Rugby League while playing in the famous black and amber colours. With numerous players featuring at an international level.
As well as a successful team on the field, the off-field operation boasts a proactive and forward-thinking setup which includes the Castleford Tigers Foundation, the community arm of the club which has charitable status.
The region has always and continues to be a rich hub of Rugby League talent, competing at the top level whilst being centre of its local community.
International players from the area include legends such as halfbacks Alan Hardisty & Keith Hepworth, who starred for the club in the 1960's to early 1970's, Malcolm Reilly who made his name at the club before becoming a legend of the game internationally and John Joyner who is the player to have represented the club most with 585 + 28 appearances. In recent years players such as Paul McShane, Niall Evalds and Joe Westerman have featured for the England national side.
Arguably the greatest achievements in Castleford Tigers history, have been four Wembley Challenge Cup victories in 1935, 1969, 1970 & 1986.
2017 was quite a year for the Tigers, finishing the Betfred Super League 10 points clear to lift the League Leaders Shield for the first time in the club's history.
1934-35, 1968-69, 1969-70, 1985-86
John Player Trophy
BBC2 Floodlit Trophy
1965-66, 1966-67, 1967-68, 1976-77
Yorkshire League Champions
1932-33, 1938-39, 1964-65
1977-78, 1981-82, 1986-87, 1990-91, 1991-92
National League 1 Grand Final Winners
National League 1 Champions
Super League - League Leaders Shield Winners
Launched originally back in 2019, the Tiger Talk Newsletter is an exclusive email sent out to supporters and will feature answers to supporter submitted questions from senior figures within the club - both on and off the field.
Tiger Talk Newsletter is available to anybody who signs up online and gets emailed directly to your inbox.
HOW TO SIGN UP AND RECEIVE THE NEWSLETTER?
To sign up to receive Tiger Talk please follow the below steps. If you have previously registered to receive Tiger Talk, there is no need to sign up again as you will automatically receive the latest newsletter each time.
- Head to www.castlefordtigers.com/register
- Log in or create an account on the club’s website utilising the pop-up screen. Remember to select the option to receive the newsletter.
- Head to your email address to verify the sign-up process when prompted. Please check all junk folders if it doesn’t arrive in your inbox.
- Once you’ve verified your account, you’ll automatically be added to the list to receive Tiger Talk provided you’ve ticked the option to get our newsletter.
HOW TO SUBMIT A QUESTION?
In the weeks leading up to a Tiger Talk Newsletter, the Club will encourage supporters to submit their questions via the website and its social media platforms.
There is no requirement to submit a question in order to receive the newsletter containing the responses to these questions.
To submit a question, supporters will then need to head to the 'My Account' section of the website when they are signed in from the website's main menu.
Select “Tiger Talk” and type in your question - easy!
Please note, supporters will be limited to one question per newsletter.
Castleford Tigers will advertise any employment or voluntary opportunities associated with the Club on this page as and when they are available.
Please see below for further details on any vacancies, if there are none please check back at a later date.
Castleford Tigers are currently looking for Bar Staff to join our team of matchday and event staff at The Mend-A-Hose Jungle.
Our bar team members are the front line in our bars for our customers, ensuring that everyone has the best experience and customer service. You’ll be an outgoing, warm, and confident individual who is passionate about exceeding guest expectations.
The Mend-A-Hose Jungle, Castleford, WF10 2SD
- Responsible for greeting customers and serving drink orders
- Making recommendations that delight our customers
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness at all times
- Working as part of a team to create a friendly atmosphere our customers will love
To be successful, you will have:
- Energy, passion, and motivation
- A can-do attitude and ability to multi-task
- Experience is preferred but most importantly we need you to show us you understand great customer service
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and work flexible and unsociable hours, including all Home Game fixtures.
How to apply
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Women's Team Head Physiotherapist
Castleford Tigers Women are currently looking for a Head Physiotherapist to take a lead on medical provisions with the support of the club doctor.
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for the right person to join the Castleford Tigers Women RLFC medical team.
The job role will mainly be based at The Mend-A-Hose Jungle in Castleford however is it essential to travel to associated training and match venues.
- To provide physiotherapy services to a caseload of players.
- To be responsible for pitch-side assessment and treatment of players during training and matches.
- To deliver high level rehabilitation to ensure a safe return to play from injury in conjunction with strength and conditioning colleagues.
- To monitor and assess players for their fitness and injury status to train or play.
- Supervise and train more inexperienced members of physio team & students.
- Keep adequate electronic records in line with CSP standards.
- Ensure all players’ emergency medical files are up to date and complete the relevant administration requirements for any new players/trialists.
- Take part in departmental CPD in addition to own.
- To communicate injury status, rehabilitation strategies and return to training projections to the coaching team and liaise were required with external parties such as schools, international coaches, parents, community coaches etc.
- Undertake injury surveillance and injury audit.
- To liaise with medical staff of international players where required.
- Create professional relationships with players and staff to support health and wellbeing, injury prevention and rehabilitation needs, whilst maintaining a professional distance from playing staff, acting in a manner appropriate to a representative of the club at all times.
- Assist with sport science provision, which may include pitch, gym based and injury prevention sessions.
- Preparation and organisation of mandatory and essential medical equipment for games and training.
- The above is not an exact list and the candidate would be required to carry out tasks within their scope of practice to meet the demands of the performance environment.
- Degree in Physiotherapy, Sports Rehabilitation or Sports Therapy
- For Physios: Registration with HCPC and CSP
- For Sports Therapists/Sports Rehabilitators: Registration with Society of Sports Therapists, BASRAT
- IMMOFP qualified (D) or able to undertake this advanced trauma course at the next available opportunity
- For Sports Therapists/Sports Rehabilitators: If not IMMOFP qualified, must hold ITMMiF L4, or PHICIS L2
- For Sports Therapists/Sports Rehabilitators: Previous supervision in professional environment for 1 year (full-time) or 2 years (part-time)
- Possess excellent communication skills and be highly organised
- Work unsociable hours, including weekends and bank holidays to meet the demands of a professional sports team.
- Experience of working in sport, preferably rugby league
- DBS Clearance and evidence of eligibility to work in the UK
- Knowledge of safeguarding and experience of working with children/young adults
- High level of musculoskeletal assessment skills, rehabilitation of elite level athletes and associated understanding on safe return to play strategies.
- Knowledge of wider medical issues associated with working in professional sport, examples include management of concussion, athlete screening, injury and illness prevention strategies
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and possess very good time management skills
- Able to work autonomously and manage a caseload of players but have the understanding on when to seek advice from senior members of the medical team and onward referral for specialist opinion where required.
- Car driver with appropriate insurance to drive to required venues
- Experience of managing students and junior colleagues
- Experience of working in the NHS and associated knowledge of referral to specialist services within the NHS and private hospitals
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter (no longer than 1 side of A4) to Head Doctor, Nick Raynor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Sports Coach
Castleford Tigers Foundation have an exciting opportunity for a part time sports coach to join their team!
Job Title: Sports Coach
Reports to: Head of Operations
Department: Castleford Tigers Foundation
Salary: Subject to Experience
Contract Type: Part time/Casual
Castleford Tigers Foundation is the Charitable arm of the Castleford Tigers. We are looking for enthusiastic and inspiring individuals with the ability to enthuse others and are committed to delivering high energy, progressive and developmental learning opportunities for children.
You will be joining a group of motivated practitioners dedicated to making all sessions of a high standard and committed to promoting the Castleford Tigers brand, beliefs, and standards.
You will be rewarded with numerous training opportunities, a generous hourly rate plus bonuses for high standards and opportunities to grow within the company into a full-time member of staff if desired.
Hours can vary according to your experience and availability.
Please note that the role is subject to DBS clearance.
Qualifications & Experience
· At least 12 months experience of coaching/teaching either primary or secondary school children.
· Evidence of continued professional development and a Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
· Sports Coaching or Physical Education Degree or equivalent.
· Level 2 Sports Coaching qualification(s).
· Experience of coaching/teaching primary school activities.
Skills and Knowledge
· Basic knowledge of how to differentiate activities and make them easier or harder for varying abilities.
· Ability to enthuse and motivate a group of children and provide a safe, fun learning environment.
· Excellent organisational skills and time keeping.
· Effective monitoring, evaluation and reviewing of own sessions and ability and learn from previous experience.
· Passion for working with children.
· Excellent inter-personal and communication skills to liaise with and build a
· Rapport with children, parents, school staff.
· An understanding of primary school PE.
To apply please send your CV and any other supporting documents to email@example.com.
Charity Support & Donations Policy
Making a Donation Request
Charity Support & Donations Policy
Castleford Tigers RLFC play an active role within the community primarily through our own community foundation, Tigers Trust, the club's registered charitable arm. It has a long and successful history of managing and delivering a wide range of sports and non-sports based initiatives and social inclusion projects in the community. Donations are welcome to help us to carry out this work and Gift Aid can be utilised for UK taxpayers.
We receive a very large number of requests for assistance from many worthy causes, both nationally and locally. We sympathise and realise the fantastic efforts that are put into fundraising. Unfortunately, we are unable to help everyone due to the sheer volume of requests and, as a result, we would like to confirm that our policy for the 2022 season is to concentrate our efforts on assisting the fundraising activities of two charities that are dear to the hearts of many of our fans, namely, The Prince Of Wales Hospice and the Food Bank run by Smawthorne Community Church.
All other requests for donations will be considered on the following basis:
All organisations must be a registered charity or a voluntary or community association or club.
All requests must be made in writing by letter on the organisation's headed stationery to Castleford Tigers RLFC Donation Requests, The Mend-A-Hose Jungle, Wheldon Road, Castleford WF10 2SD and should confirm the reason for the request and be made in good time for any specified event that the organisation is holding, at least 4 weeks notice is required.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept requests made by phone, text, or email.
We will supply a signed colour photograph of our First Team squad as a donation in all cases, subject to payment of postage and packing if it is to be posted and not collected. If a signed shirt or ball is required then a shirt or ball can be purchased from the club shop in Carlton Lanes and we will then arrange for the items to be signed ready for collection.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to supply any match tickets, cash or sponsorship as a donation.
Key information about Castleford Tigers' official Club policies can be found on this page.
You can download each via a PDF document below.
Our policy and application document for our disabled supporters.
A guide to our complaints procedure & complaints form.
Our charter for fairness, equality, respect and dignity.
Ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of our club.
Castleford Tigers is a family club, which is inclusive, uncompromising and passionate.
Returns, cancellations, damaged items and delivery information.
Rules for the Tigers Daily Draw
First established in 2004, Castleford Tigers Supporters Club (CTSC) has had a strong relationship with the Club itself for over 17 years - raising nearly £100,000 in revenue-raising ventures for Castleford Tigers Rugby League Football Club.
The CTSC raise their funds in a number of ways, but one of their key methods has been their yearly membership which provided supporters discounted entry to their exclusive events.
Donations do not just go to the First Team, in recent years the Supporters Club has been kind enough to help fund a pre-season camp for the Women's team, extra tackle shields for our LDRL and PDRL squads, and a new laptop for one of our coaching team. Those are only three examples of their hard work going towards various areas at the club.
If you would like to sign up with Castleford Tigers Supporters Club, or find out more information head to: http://www.ctsc.org.uk/
Listed below is a provisional calendar of Supporters Club events, with more expected and confirmed in due course.
- AGM & Membership Launch - January 14th
- Meet the Coaches – February 1st
- Meet the New Players – March 18th
- Meet the Directors - April 12th
- A Question of Sport Quiz Night - August 10th
How to join the CTSC with a 2022 Membership!
For just £10 you can become a member of Castleford Tigers Supporters Club, that money will go towards the CTSC raising £100k for our Club!
In-person – at one of the CTSC events you will be able to sign up and join, or you can join online too.
To join via bank transfer:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with names and addresses of those wishing to join
- you will receive an email with bank account details together with the amount required and a reference
- membership cards will be posted Royal Mail 2nd class once payment has been received
To join via PayPal:
- log in to your PayPal account
- send to email@example.com
- notes – enter names and addresses of members
- paying for an item or service
- enter amount – 1 member £12 / 2 members £22 / 3 members £32
- membership cards will be posted Royal Mail 2nd class